As we enter 2020, normal natural 20/20 vision will not be what we need to advance in the plans of the Lord. We will need supernatural “prophetic” vision this year to advance. Many times, people believe that 20/20 vision is perfect natural vision; however, natural 20/20 vision just means that we have average vision. 20/20 means we can see from 20 feet what the average person can see from 20 feet. For example, eagles have 20/4 vision, which means they can see from 20 feet what people see from 4 feet, or their vision is 5 times better than humans. That is much better natural vision, but let’s think in terms of supernatural “prophetic” vision.
I hear the Lord saying there are 5 types of supernatural “prophetic” vision that will be important for this year:
1. Telescopic “prophetic” vision – This is the type of vision that we need to see the long-term purpose of the Lord. In the same way that we peer through a telescope to see things in the far distance, we need to have telescopic “prophetic” vision to see things where we are headed from where we are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. This is in accordance with Ephesians 2:6. This includes a perspective that we are just passing through this earthly time realm. We are accomplishing the Lord’s purpose for this season, but we should never lose an eternal perspective. We are called to rule and reign with Jesus now but also for eons ahead. Knowing this helps us weather rough battle seasons in this time frame. This type of vision also helps us forge a mission, which includes ourselves being forged into the image of Jesus. It also helps us in the discipling of nations. We will need to perceive the year of 2020 will as a key year approaching the return of Jesus. Knowing where we are advancing to will help us run the race set before us. There is a prophetic company of people arising to prepare a way for His return.
2. Binocular “prophetic” vision – This is the type of “prophetic” vision that enables us to be victorious in the current battles we are in. Our battles are not with flesh and blood but with the rulers, powers, and world forces of darkness, and spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. In natural binocular vision, the overlapping fields of view of both of our eyes provide magnification and depth perception. In “prophetic” binocular vision, we see things with the mind of Christ. This depth perception allows us to see that we are more than conquerors while still in battle. This empowers us to make declarations and decrees to bring the victories we need. It also allows us to operate in faith where the assurance of things hoped for becomes the conviction of things not seen, as stated in Hebrews 11:1. This prophetic vision causes the manifestation of things from an unseen realm to become visible. 2020 will be a year to decree from an unseen realm to become visible. 2020 will be a year to decree our victories with our mouth before we see them with our eyes. The Hebrew year of 5780 coincides with this year of 2020 and begins the decade of the “pey,” or of the decrees of the mouth. 2020 is a year to decree your destiny.
3. Microscopic “prophetic” vision – Many times the enemy, Satan, and his troupes of fallen demonic angels try to trap us into seeing him as powerful in situations that appear as defeats to us. He tries to magnify battles as mountains that cannot be conquered. We need to magnify the Lord during these times according to Psalm 34:3. Although we can not actually make the Lord bigger, we can see Him as our victorious King during these times. This will enable us to not have the microscopic vision of the enemy but will enable us to see the big picture of God and the enemy as small compared to who God is.
4. “Prophetic” night vision – One of the most important types of vision that is needed in natural battles to be victorious is night vision. With night vision, a small amount of light is amplified into a type of light that reveals images that would otherwise be lost in the darkness. This enables a great advantage to the army that can see in the dark. We are at a strategic time on God’s timetable where light and darkness are both increasing in the world. Isaiah 60 states that the Church is in a season to arise and shine for the Glory of the Lord has risen. But in the same passage of scripture, it also states that darkness covers the earth and deep darkness covers the people. We are not used to times where light and darkness increase at the same time. Normally, in the natural realm, as light increases, darkness flees away, or if a light goes out, darkness prevails. Therefore, we as the Church must be able to perceive the Glory of the Lord in a time where culture in some nations seems to be advancing toward darkness. At this same time, in other nations, the Kingdom of God is visibly seen advancing. Jesus is the true light in the world, but the Church and the individual members thereof are also called to be light. Many times, we are called to be light in the very midst of called to be light. Many times, we are called to be light in the very midst of darkness. 2020 will be a year where light and darkness both will make strategic advances.
5. Suddenly “prophetic” vision – There is a type of “prophetic” vision that will be important in 2020 that I refer to as vision to expect “suddenlies.” This was revealed to me recently in a series of prophetic events. I was ministering in Pensacola, Florida at a prophetic conference. During that conference, I read an article that stated that Florida was the number 2 state in the USA in the population of eagles, next to Alaska. I have been to Alaska at some of the places where eagles are plentiful and have always appreciated watching their navigation in the air. Being a resident of Florida for over 25 years, I found this article quite astonishing. I said to the conference attendees that night, “I have lived in Florida for over 25 years, and I have never seen an eagle here in Florida.” The next morning, I was scheduled to play golf with the conference host and friends. To my surprise, on one of the very first holes, we started seeing eagles come and land in the treetops. Then to my astonishment, one eagle came and landed near us and walked with us over several holes of golf. Even though it was only 10-20 feet away with golf balls flying near it, the eagle was never startled. My conference host even tried to hand feed it some crackers. I am watching all of this somewhat bewildered because just the night before I had said, “in 25 years I have never seen an eagle in Florida.” Then the Lord spoke to me and said, “Everything can change in a day!”
This is another type of prophetic vision that we are going to need in 2020. It will be a type of vision where we can expect anything to change in a day. That means if it has been 10, 20, or even 25 years of attempting to believe for any miracle, in the year 2020, “Everything can change in a day.” May you be strengthened in this upcoming year to receive many victories that you have never had before and make many Kingdom advancements.